Memorable, Breathy, Delicate Vocals Beautifully Complemented by Great Jazz Soloists!
Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes!
Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
With musical landmarks such as "The Shadow of Your Smile", "Fly me to the Moon"
and "Morning of the Carnaval" (Manha de Carnaval), "The Shadow of Your Smile" is
an album that has been appreciated for four decades. The album contains
arrangements by musical giants Don Sebesky and Claus Ogerman, and the
participation of legendary Jazz musicians such as Bob Brookmeyer, Kai Winding
and Urbie Green; this is a truly special album.
Three outstanding arrangers have produced a variety of orchestral settings that perfectly enhance the vocalist and the song: Don Sebesky, Joao Donato, and Claus Ogerman. And, as on her other Verve LP programs, Astrud's voice is beautifully complemented by great jazz soloists.
Recorded by Bob Simpson, Phil Ramone and Rudy Van Gelder in New York City, October 21, 1964, February 4, May 25, June 3 & 4, 1965.
• Numbered Deluxe Laminated Double Gatefold Jackets
• Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
• Audiophile 180g, 45rpm Vinyl
• Double LP
• Pressed at RTI
• Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes!
Astrud Gilberto, vocals
Kai Winding, trombone
Bob Brookmeyer, valve trombone
Don Sebesky, arranger, conductor
Urbie Green, trombone
Claus Ogerman, arranger, conductor
Joao Donato, arranger, conductor
1. The Shadow Of Your Smile (Love theme from The Sandpiper)
2. (Take Me To) Aruanda
3. Manha de Carnaval
4. (In Other Words) Fly Me to the Moon
5. The Gentle Rain
6. Non-Stop to Brazil
7. O Ganso
1. Who Can I Turn To? (When Nobody Needs Me)
2. Day By Day
4. Funny World
Side D (Repeat of Side A):
5. Shadow Of Your Smile (Love Theme from The Sandpiper)
6. (Take Me To) Aruanda
7. Manha de Carnaval