Audioquest Diamond HDMI Digital Audio Video Cable 3.0M
AudioQuest has a well-earned reputation as a manufacturer of exceptional analog video cables. However, the advent of HDMI in 2004 presented a new set of design challenges that needed to be solved. In order for AQ to maximize audio and video cable performance over HDMI, new materials and higher levels of manufacturing precision were employed to handle the high-speed, wide-bandwidth signals of HDMI.
While the basic blueprint for HDMI cable construction was established by the HDMI steering committee (HDMI, LLC), AQ examined areas that could be optimized within the established framework.
Several of the analog audio and video design elements that have proven so important over the years turned out to be meaningful to HDMI signal design. Solid core conductor technology, conductor metallurgy, insulation material and overall precision of manufacture have all been carefully optimized to create a superior line of HDMI cables.
With the Indulgence Series of HDMI cable, AudioQuest is proud to introduce the next evolution of HDMI cable performance. Why the word "indulgence"? When we set aside the time for audio/video entertainment in the home we are, after all, allowing ourselves a bit of well-earned personal indulgence. We allow ourselves time for emotional transportation via video and sound.
Did you know that there are huge differences in the sound of HDMI cables? As part of AudioQuest's re-examination of HDMI cable design, specific attention was paid to maximizing the sonic performance of HDMI. While we've been aware of this since HDMI's introduction, AQ's Indulgence HDMI series push the HDMI sonic performance to new levels. While test equipment is excellent at tracking control errors or ensuring data pass through, no computer can compete with the human ear when it comes to perceiving the subtle but crucial audio errors and distortion that can reduce the enjoyment of your home theater system.
AudioQuest begins with Long-Grain Copper (LGC) and adds increasing amounts of silver-plate culmination in Diamond HDMI, whose 5 primary signal pairs are made using solid Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS). AQ listens to each primary signal conductor in every Indulgence HDMI cable to determine proper conductor orientation. Solid Polyethylene insulation ensures stable conductor geometry while minimizing insulation induced phase distortion. On the two top HDMI cables, Coffee and Diamond, AudioQuest's patented Dielectric-Bias System (DBS) polarizes the insulation on the 5 primary signal pairs, providing a drop in the perceived noise floor and an increase in dynamic contrast.
While the focus of the Indulgence Series HDMI cables is ground-breaking audio, video performance is hardly an afterthought. All Indulgence HDMI cables are High Speed compliant up to and including 8 meters and all will transfer 1080P/120Hz/4K/3D video. All Indulgence HDMI cables deliver 100% of the data required for 120Hz/240Hz/600Hz displays. All AudioQuest Indulgence series HDMI are 100% QC tested to pass 1080P at every length and all contain the 5th twisted pair for the new Ethernet and Audio Return Channel options.
AudioQuest Indulgence HDMI cables have been designed to maximize your audio and video experience. Indulge Yourself!!!
The HDMI standard was created to transfer uncompressed digital audio and video. HDMI cables many internal conductors include communication channels, which allow automatic display and source matching for resolution, format and aspect ratio.
To transfer full-resolution 1080p video requires using the HDMI interface. Component video outputs are limited to 720p or 1080i.
• Standard Speed HDMI cable will at-minimum transfer 1080i, 720p, 1080p/30Hz source material.
• High Speed HDMI cable will in addition transfer 1080p/120Hz, 4K, 3D video.
• With Ethernet HDMI cable (with HEC) includes conductors for bi-directional Ethernet communication. Ethernet capability is independent of Speed capability.
• 72V Dielectric-Bias System (DBS) saturates and polarizes insulation, greatly reducing digital-audio distortion.
• Solid 100% PSS Silver conductors eliminate inter-strand distortion and reduce jitter.
• HD Polyethylene composition optimized to ensure critical signal-pair geometry.
• State-of-the-art HDMI standard size connectors featuring Direct-Silver contacts.
• Fifth twisted-pair for Ethernet and to enable additional Audio Return Channel options.
• All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction. To for main signal, From for Audio Return Channel (audio from TV to AV receiver).