Anne-Sophie Mutter & John Williams Across the Stars 45rpm 2LP & CD
Coming September 27, 2019 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
John Williams & Anne-Sophie Mutter Collaboration On 45rpm Vinyl Double LP with CD!
Grammy-winning violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter releases her collaborative album
with legendary film composer John Williams, Across the Stars - The Music of John
Williams. Williams adapted his beloved scores from films such as Harry Potter
and the Sorcerer's Stone, Star Wars, Schindler's List, and more specifically for
Mutter. This album was recorded at Sony Pictures Studios with John Williams
conducting The Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles.
"There is only one John Williams," said Anne-Sophie Mutter. "What he
writes is just extraordinary. Every time I go to one of his films and there is a
violin or cello, I think, I would like to play that! And now I have his
wonderful translations of all these iconic themes." She added it was a "a
tremendous honour" to work so closely with John Williams – and that the
recording conditions for this album were the finest since she collaborated with
Herbert von Karajan.
"These are melodies which touch us so deeply, they just stay with you,"
said Mutter. "That’s the wonderful thing about John’s music – even without
the film it has a life of its own."
• 45rpm Vinyl
• Double LP & CD
Anne-Sophie Mutter, violin
The Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles
John Williams, conductor
1. Rey's Theme (from Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
2. Yoda's Theme (from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)
3. Hedwig's Theme (from Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone)
4. Across the Stars (Love Theme) (from Star Wars: Attack of The Clones)
5. Donnybrook Fair (from Far and Away)
6. Sayuri's Theme (from Memoirs of A Geisha)
7. Night Journeys (from Dracula)
8. Theme (from Sabrina)
9. The Duel (from The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn)
10. Luke and Leia (from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
11. Nice To Be Around (from Cinderella Liberty)
12. Theme (from Schindler's List)