Lee Morgan The Sidewinder Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a
Super Audio CD Player!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Recorded at Van Gelder Studio in 1963, The Sidewinder by jazz trumpeter Lee
Morgan was a runaway hit that reached number 25 on the Billboard chart. The
title track, now a jazz standard, is one of the most influential recordings in
soul jazz. All five tracks were written by Morgan and the album features
respected tenor sax player Joe Henderson.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes
the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further
enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed
for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency,
players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which
enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution
format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high
resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It
will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Lee Morgan, trumpet
Joe Henderson, tenor sax
Barry Harris, piano
Bob Cranshaw, bass
Billy Higgins, drums
1. The Sidewinder
2. Totem Pole
3. Gary's Notebook
4. Boy, What A Night