Bill Evans Alone Japanese Import SHM SACD
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that
utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to
further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate
developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher
transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in
fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for
a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements
in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
In his original notes for this 1968 solo recital, Bill Evans wrote of achieving
a "sense of oneness while playing alone." Alone was the first album to capture
that "sense of oneness" in all its haunting beauty - the first to consist of
nothing but Evans' piano, unaccompanied by other musicians or even by overdubs.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
1. Here's That Rainy Day
2. A Time For Love
3. Midnight Mood
4. On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever)
5. Never Let Me Go