Featuring ESOTERIC’s Proprietary Re-Mastering
Process to Achieve the Highest Level of Sound Quality!
Japanese Pressing, Deluxe Digi-pak Packaging, THE definitive Classical
Performance on SACD!
Karl Bohm conducts the Vienna Philharmonic for this recording of Symphonies by
Beethoven & Schubert.
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of
attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original
master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve
sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical
recording selections that have been mainstays of the catalog since their initial
Experience the legendary performance in this new Super Audio CD/CD format. Not
only for new followers, but also for well experienced followers of these
recorded materials. All will be equally impressed by the “soul” hidden within
the notes, but never before found in previously released recordings in any
The criterion of re-mastering is to faithfully capture the quality of the
original master. ESOTERIC’s flag ship D/A converters, model D-01VU, Rubidium
master clock generator model Grandioso G1 and ESOTERIC MEXCEL interconnect
cables and power cords, were all used for this re-mastering session. This
combination of highly advanced technology greatly contributed to capturing the
high quality sound of the original master.
Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
Mastering Engineering: Kazuie Sugimoto
Esoteric Equipment list for this re-mastering:
• D-01VU (D/A Converters)
• Grandioso G1 (Rubidium Master Clock Generator)
• ESOTERIC Mexcel Cables
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on
most conventional CD Players!
• Made in Japan
• Deluxe, Full-Color High-Quality Digi-pak Gatefold Packaging
Karl Bohm, conductor
Ludwig Van Beethoven (1770-1827)
Symphony No. 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastorale"
1. 1. Erwachen heiterer Empfindungen bei der Ankunft auf dem Lande (Allegro ma
2. 2. Szene am Bach (Andante molto mosso)
3. 3. Lustiges Zusammensein der Landleute (Allegro)
4. 4. Gewitter, Sturm (Allegro)
5. 5. Hirtengesang. Frohe und dankbare Gefuhle nach dem Sturm (Allegretto)
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
Symphony No. 5 in B flat Major, D. 485
6. 1. Allegro
7. 2. Andante con moto
8. 3. Menuetto (Allegro molto) - Trio
9. 4. Allegro vivace