Beethoven The Complete Sonatas Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import 2SHM-SACD
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Beethoven's Complete Sonatas!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Cellist Mstislav Rostropovich is accompanied by pianist Svjatoslav Richter for
this 1960s recording of Sonatas by Beethoven.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes
the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further
enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed
for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency,
players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which
enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution
format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high
resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It
will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Mstislav Rostropovich, cello
Svjatoslav Richter, piano
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
Sonata No. 1 in F Major, Op. 5 No. 1
1. Adagio Sostenuto - Allegro
2. Rondo. Allegro Vivace
Sonata No. 1 in C Major, Op. 102 No. 1
3. Andante-Allegro Vivace
4. Adagio-Tempo D'Andante-Allegro Vivace
5. Allegro Con Brio
6. Adagio Con Molto Senteimento D'affetto
7. Allegro-Allegro Fugato
Sonata No. 2 in G minor, Op. 5 No. 2
1. Adagio Sostenuto ed Espressivo-Allegro Molto Piu Tosto Presto
Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 69
3. Allegro Ma Non Tanto
4. Scherzo.Allegro Molto
5. Adagio Cantabile-Allegro Vivace
Recorded July 1961 in London.
Recorded June 4-9, 1962 and May 25-31, 1963 in Vienna.