This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that
utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to
further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate
developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher
transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in
fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for
a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements
in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
Bill Evans, best known for recording his albums as a trio with piano, bass and
drums, uniquely records this 1962 album with the addition of the trumpet and
guitar to create an unusual quintet alignment concentrating on standard tunes
with bright tempos. Evans, along with "Philly" Joe Jones on drums, Freddie
Hubbard on trumpet, Jim Hall on guitar and Percy Heath on bass, plays original
versions of I'll Never Smile Again, When You Wish Upon A Star, You Go To My Head
and the title track. Interplay is a uniquely valuable addition to the catalog of
perhaps the most important pianist in modern jazz.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
Bill Evans, piano
Freddie Hubbard, trumpet
Percy Heath, bass
Jim Hall, guitar
"Philly" Joe Jones, drums
1. You And the Night And the Music
2. When You Wish Upon A Star
3. I'll Never Smile Again
5. You Go To My Head
6. Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
Recorded at Nola Penthouse Sound Studios, New York City, July 16 and 17, 1962.