Brahms Symphony No. 1 in C Minor 180g Import LP
Audiophile 180g Vinyl LP!
Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Karl Bohm conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker for this recording of Brahms'
"This performance of the (Brahms) First Symphony is formidable competition
for even the best that the current catalogue can offer. Böhm’s (Brahms Symphony
No.1) is a performance of wonderfully rich detail, the woodwind soli full of
character, the orchestral colouring beautifully judged: where Karajan presents a
blended totality of sound, Böhm is intent that we should see both the wood and
the trees. Böhm’s view of the Symphony is urgent and vigorous: though he does
not miss the broad strength of the introduction, the ensuing allegro has a
purposeful athleticism that contrasts most strikingly with the heavy grimness of
Karajan’s reading. The introduction to the finale is also an instructive
comparison: Karajan sees it as an eloquent lament, Böhm as a transition of
unbearable tension – one almost dreads that the great C major theme will not,
after all, arrive. This is a noble performance that no Brahmsian should miss
hearing, regardless of his current preferences; it is excellently recorded."
- The Gramophone Magazine
• Audiophile 180g Vinyl
• Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
• Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard
• Cutting to lacquers at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
• Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
• Analogphonic release
Karl Bohm, conductor
Michel Schwalbe, violin solo
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68
1. Satz: Un poco sostenuto - Allegro - Meno Allegro
2. Satz: Andante Sostenuto
3. Satz: Un Poco Allegretto e graziozo attacca
4. Satz: Adagio - Piu Andante - Allegro non troppo, ma con brio - Piu Allegro