Bud Powell Scene Changes Single-Layer Stereo Japanese Import SHM-SACD
Coming November 2017 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a
Super Audio CD Player!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The Scene Changes is a studio album by jazz pianist Bud Powell, released on Blue
Note Records in 1959. The album features a session Powell recorded at the Rudy
Van Gelder Studio in Hackensack, New Jersey on December 28, 1958, with Paul
Chambers on bass and Art Taylor on drums. This is a classic jazz trio album by
one of the great jazz pianists of all time.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes
the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further
enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed
for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency,
players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which
enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution
format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high
resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It
will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
• Cardboard Sleeve (mini-LP sleeve)
Bud Powell, piano
Paul Chamber, bass
Art Taylor, drums
1. Cleopatra's Dream
2. Duid Deed
3. Down With It
6. Crossin' The Channel
7. Comin' Up
8. Gettin' There
9. The Scene Changes