Cayin CS-55A Tube Integrated Amp & USB DAC
The State-of-the-Art Cayin CS-55A Tube Integrated Amp boasts 38 watts per channel, a USB DAC, Phono Output, Front Headphone Output and a Sweet, Sweet Sound!
This beautifully crafted hand made amp is designed to deliver the wonderful sound of the original classic Marantz amps with features and build quality that would not have been dreamed of in the 1960's or 1970's. Although many 'improvements' have happened to HiFi equipment, many purists still believe that Simple is Better. Classic, simple design of amplifiers, with the improvement that better capacitors and better connectors, and even creature comforts like Remote Control, will reproduce your music in an easier to listen to, less fatiguing way.
The Cayin CS-55A Tube Integrated Amp is a state-of-the-art machine which boasts 38 watts per channel (40 watts by using four KT88 tubes!) in Class AB ultra-linear push pull amplification. The CS-55A consists of four pairs of input: one Phono, one USB port, and two line inputs giving a wide range of options for any listener.
The CS-55A comprises of a fully anodized aluminum front, a vented chassis with a gorgeous finish, the finest hand-made point-to-point wiring, and a soft-start circuit to enhance the life of the toroidal power transformer and output transformers. Combined with audio grade capacitors, carbon film resistors, and ceramic tube sockets, this is one amplifier every audiophile should have in his/her collection. Speaker output impedance can be swapped between 4 ohms and 8 ohms.
The removable cage snaps on and off anytime. Cover on has a clean classic look, cover off... Keep On Glowin'. The Cayin CS-55A has a built-in phono stage as well as a dedicated headphone output. It also has a 32-bit/384kHz USB DAC, so you can connect your computer to the CS-55A and stream music through it.
• Hand-made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring.
• Two EL output transformers with wide bandwidth are applied.
• Specially designed toroid transformer for power supply.
• Audio grade capactors and resistors are used for a better and more sweet sound output.
• 12AX7/ECC83 and 12AU7/ECC82 tubes are used in the preamp stage.
• Four EL34 tubes are used for AB1 push-pull amplification (Easliy upgradeable to KT88 tubes).
• Triode and ultralinear selection.
• External user bias adjustment is accessible with the BIAS meter for monitoring on the top of the amplifier.
• External tube selection switch between EL34 and KT88 on the rear panel for easy tube replacement.
• Four pairs fo input include one USB input, one Phono input and two Line inputs.
• CS-55A takes outstanding USB audio technology which utilizes high speed USB 2.0 receiving and decoding 32bit/384kHz high resolution digital signals. Internal USB DAC which supports asynchronous clocking.
• Equipped with remote control.
• Soft start function (30 seconds).
• CS-55A can memorize last operation of the unit once turned off.
• High-quality Japanese ALPS motor potentiometer.
• Equipped with easily-installed tube cover for protection.
• Front Headphone Output with full tube out-power.
• Easily switchable and upgradeable from EL-34 to KT-88 Tubes (KT-88 Tubes not included)
Power Output (RMS): 2 x 38 Watt @ 8 Ohm (Ultralinear)
Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 48 kHz (-3dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1% (1 kHz)
Unweighted Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 92dB
Input Sensitivity: 280 mV
Input Impedance: 100 kOhm
Output impedance: 4-8 Ohm
Input Terminals: USB, Phono, CD, AUX
Dimensions (WxDxH): 360 x 334 x 180 mm, 14.17 x 13.15 x 7.09 in
Tubes: 2x 12AX7/ECC83, 2x 12AU7/ECC82, 4x EL34 (upgradeable to KT88 tubes)
Weight: 17 kg, 37.48 lb
Max Power Consumption: 270W
Accessories: Remote Control
Compatible with Audio Class 1.0 and Audio Class 2.0
Word Length: 16-32 bits
Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS (10.6.3 and above)
Input Sensitivity: 3mV
Input Impedance: 47kOhm
RIAA Errors: Lower than +/-0.25dB
Total Gain: 40dB
Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 68dB
Warranty: 3 Years Parts & Labor, 90 Days on Tubes