Charles Aznavour Collected Numbered Limited Edition 180g Import 3LP ("French Flag" Blue, White & Red Vinyl)
180g Audiophile Vinyl Triple LP!
Numbered, Limited Edition "French Flag" Blue, White & Red Vinyl - Only 1500 Copies!
Includes 4-Page Booklet With Liner Notes!
Music On Vinyl proudly presents a second release of the COLLECTED albums. The
new albums will focus on memorable artists with almost a life span of original
intriguing music, covering a timeless musical period!
In the early 1950s a man of short stature attempts to win over his audience.
With a hoarse voice he delivers songs that do not catch on. People jeer at him.
Tomatoes fly through the air. The Frenchman with Armenian roots slinks off the
stage, but does not quit.
Ironically, the song that makes him a household name is the song in which he
recalls his agonizing trial. The audience reacted indifferently when Charles
Aznavour decided to try out his new song on stage. But when he went on to greet
the audience for one final time they all stood and gave him a thundering
In the sixties, hits and classics succeed one another. Nobody is bothered any
more by his husky voice, by his small stature or his rugged characterful face.
The croony "For Me Formidable" (1963), the heart breaking "Et Pourtant" (1963)
and the nostalgic "Hier Encore" (1964) confirm his standing as a fan favourite.
"La Bohème" (1965) and "Emmenez-moi" (1967) turn Aznavour into a superstar.
In "La Bohème", there are impressionist painters strolling in the shadows of the
Sacré-Coeur, the compelling "Comme Ils Dissent" (1972) is the first chanson
after Vichy France to overtly endorse homosexuality and in the present "France
Of La Manif Pour Tous" (the movement that opposes gay marriage), does it again
to sound particularly topical. "Camarade" (1977) was about the nomenklatura, the
ruling elite in the Soviet Union and is a social and historical topic. "Avec Un
Brin De Nostalgie" is an Aznavour grand cru, maybe even the best he has made
over the last thirty years.
COLLECTED by Charles Aznavour is a wonderful collection of hits and classic by
the French artist that touches your soul at every moment. It's an overview of
his work during the sixties, seventies and duets with Johnny Hallyday on "Il
Faut Savoir" and with Frank Sinatra "Young At Heart". Also his English versions
of "How Sad Venice Can Be", "The Old Fashioned Way", "She" and four more English
songs are included on this deluxe Trifold 3LP album.
• 180 gram Audiophile Vinyl
• Triple LP
• Trifold sleeve
• High quality PVC protective sleeve
• 4-page booklet with liner notes and photos
• Duets with Frank Sinatra, Johnny Hallyday and his English versions
• Limited first pressing of 1500 individually numbered copies on "French Flag"
blue, white and red vinyl
2. Parce Que
3. Les Deux Guitares
4. Je m'voyais Déjà
5. Il Faut Savoir
6. Les Comédiens
7. La Mamma
8. Sa Jeunesse Entre Ses Mains
9. Et Pourtant
1. For Me Formidable
2. Sur Ma Vie
3. A Ma Fille
4. Que C'est Triste Venise
5. Une Enfant
6. Hier Encore
7. Au Printemps Tu Reviendras
8. La Bohème
9. Paris Au Mois d'Août
1. Tout s'en Va
3. Le Cabotin
4. Non Je n'ai Rien Oublié
5. Mourir d'aimer
6. Les Plaisirs Démodés
1. Comme Ils Disent
2. A Ma Femme
3. Tous Les Visages De L'amour
4. Mes Emmerdes
5. J'ai Vu Paris
6. Toi Et Moi
7. Je t'aime A I M E
1. Avec Un Brin De Nostalgie
2. Tomorrow Is My Turn (L'Amour c'est Comme Un Jour)
3. How Sad Venice Can Be (Que c'est Triste Venise)
4. The Old Fashioned Way (Les Plaisirs Démodés)
5. The "I Love You" Song (Je t'aime)
6. She (Tous Les Visages De L'amour)
7. Yesterday When I Was Young (Hier Encore)
8. I'll Be There (Ca Passe)
1. La Légende De Stenka Razine (With Les Compagnons De La Chanson)
2. Je Voyage (With Katia Aznavour)
3. Il Faut Savoir (With Johnny Hallyday)
4. Young At Heart (With Frank Sinatra)
5. J'aime Paris Au Mois De Mai (With Zaz)
6. Ave Maria