Chasing The Dragon Pure Reference Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape!
Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This Pure Reference Reel To Reel contains high-quality recordings as examples of
8 different types of tonal sounds including Swing Band, Saxophone, Harp,
Soprano, Piano, Organ, Guitar, and Drum Kit.
The tracks on the reference demonstration tape have all been recorded with a
pair of vintage valve U47 microphones in natural acoustics except for a few
tracks which have been marked. Those were recorded Binaurally which can also be
played on loudspeakers, therefore there are no compatibility issues. All of them
have been recorded to the highest possible standard, hence the title "Reference
• 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape!
• Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
• 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
• Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½" Tape
• Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
• No compression, limiting reverberation or equalization has been used
• Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest
• Originally mastered at Air Studios London
• Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
• Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
• Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
1. Swing Band: Ted Heath / Hawaiian War Chant *
2. Saxophone: Improvisation - David Graham
3. Harp: Falla - Spanish Dance No. 1 - Valeria Kurvatova
4. Soprano: Mozart - Durch Zartlicheit & Schmeicheln - Daisy Brown
5. Piano: Mozart - Sonata * - Graham Blyth
6. Organ: Bach - Toccata in D minor
7. Guitar: Bach - Prelude Suite No. 1 - S. Kursun
8. Drum Kit: Improvisation * - Studio Recording
* Recordings created with 2 valve U47 microphones except those marked * which
were recorded Binaurally