Chie Ayado Forever Young 180g LP
180g Vinyl LP From Germany! Distributed Exclusively by Elusive Disc!
Chie Ayado performs 11 selections including Bob Dylan's "Forever Young", "Sway"
(made famous by Dean Martin), "My Way" (made famous by Frank Sinatra), and "For
the First Time" sung by Kenny Loggins in the 1996 movie One Fine Day.
Chie is a New York-trained international sensation, performing to dozens of
packed houses a year. Her unique phrasing and soulful playing is adored by
millions of fans.
Influenced by her parents' hobbies, Chie has been surrounded by jazz and
Hollywood movies from an early age. She first studied classical piano but soon
began to swing, and grew up as a kid that always preferred gospel to psalms.
When she was 17 years old, she scraped together all the money she had saved from
part-time jobs and left for the land of dreams; the U.S. West Coast.
After marrying, giving birth then divorcing her husband, she moved back to Japan
in 1991. She began to sing in a jazz club in Osaka. Thanks to rumors of her
vocal performance she soon made a name for herself in the local jazz scene.
The June 1998 release "For All We Know" marked Chie's debut as a professional
jazz musician at the age of 40. Since then Chie has been touring regularly
across Japan. With the help of fans spreading the word via the internet she
managed to establish a reputation as an outstanding female singer. Soon her
concerts were sold out as soon as they were announced.
In March 2001, Chie received the 51st Ministry of Education and Science Cultural
Promotional Award. Harboring an aversion against settling for one thing, Chie
has been exploring territories outside the realm of jazz. Her repertory extends
to 1920's swing jazz to the rock pop standards.
• 180g Vinyl
• Made in Germany
• High Quality Reusable Outer Sleeve
1. Forever Young (band version) (Bob Dylan)
2. Sway (Pablo Beltrain Ruiz / English Words: Norman Gimbel - made famous by
3. Delta Lady (Leon Russell)
4. Shenandoah (American Traditional)
5. Cycles (Gayle Caldwell - made famous by Frank Sinatra)
6. Cotton Fields (Huddie Ledbetter)
1. Forever Young (Solo version) (Bob Dylan)
2. For the First Time (James Newton Howard, Jud Friedman & Allen Rich - sung by
Kenny Loggins in 1996 One Fine Day film)
3. My Way (Gilles Thibaut / Jacques Revaux & Claude Francois / English Words:
Paul Anka - made famous by Frank Sinatra)
4. Yesterday I Heard The Rain (Armand Manzanero / English Words: Gene Lees )
5. Minnie the Moocher (Cab Calloway, Irving Mills & Clarence Gaskill)