Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape!
Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality as possible!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Clare Teal is backed by the Syd Lawrence Orchestra lead by Chris Dean for her
tribute to the jazz diva Ella Fitzgerald. Teal performs jazz standards such as
"I've Got You Under My Skin", "I Get A Kick Out Of You", "Anything Goes", and
"That Old Black Magic".
"No left turns here, no postmodern reappraisals -- just straight-ahead
swing...And the sequencing is superb. Side A kicks off with three softly
swinging numbers, and then, on "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead", the orchestra
raises the energy level a notch or three -- enough to make one very curious
about Side B, where, indeed, the music roars that much more, climaxing with "Too
Darn Hot", where Teal and the orchestra peak at the same time, yet sonics remain
clean, with nice-sounding highs." - Jeff Wilson, The Absolute Sound, January 2017 Read more!
"Teal, for all intents and purposes, sounds like a 1940's era singer
transported to 2016, not just in her phrasing but particularly her vocal timbre.
I can think of no other female vocalist today who hits this particular nostalgic
mark and does so without it sounding forced or archaic. Instead it sounds
refreshing and generous." - Michael Fremer, analogplanet.com, 10/11 Music,
• Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
• 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
• Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½” Tape
• Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
• Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest
• All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
• Originally mastered at Air Studios London
• Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
• Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
• Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
Clare Teal, vocals
The Syd Lawrence Orchestra
1. I've Got You Under My Skin
2. Begin the Beguine
3. I Get A Kick Out of You
4. Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
5. Night and Day
6. Anything Goes
7. That Old Black Magic
8. Too Darn Hot