A veritable audiophile delicacy - lovingly preserved historic microphones, a mixing desk consisting of nostalgic V72 amplifiers and W85 regulators, the analogue M5 Telefunken tape recorder - each item a legend in itself!
May we proudly present this illustrious combination of equipment, here to preserve beautiful music "Tube Only", in other words without transistors. Recorded without the use of transistors!
And what about the music? (This is the question music lovers ask nervously whenever the word "audiophile" crops up.) Answer: nothing but the best! As is always the case with this violinist, whether he is acting as leader of the Gaede Trio or solo. With skill and discernment, Daniel Gaede serves us a unique encore menu of virtuoso prize exhibits and enjoyable dream-pieces. He is accompanied by Xuesu Liu on piano and the Polish Chamber Orchestra conducted by Wojciech Rajski.
Musicians: Daniel Gaede, violin; Xuesu Liu, piano; Polish Chamber Orchestra conducted by Wojciech Rajski.
1. Peter Tchaikovsky: Melody Op.42, No.3
2. Rodion Schtschedrin: In the Style of Albeniz
3. Jules Massenet: Meditation from Thais
4. Franz Schubert: Ave Maria Op.52, No.6
5. Richard Drigo: "Valse Bluette," Air de Ballet
6. Moritz Moszkowski: Spanish Dance No.2, Op.12
7. Edward Elgar: Salut d'Amour Op.12
8. Charles-Auguste de Beriot: Scene de Ballett Op.100
9. Manuel M. Ponce - Jascha Heifetz: Estrellita (My Little Star), Mexican