The Disc Doctor's Record Cleaning Kit 2
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
NO MATTER if it's a vinyl, shellac or diamond disc recording... NO MATTER how well you've cared or your recordings... NO MATTER how exacting your play-back system... Unless you've cleaned your records with The Disc Doctor's Miracle Record Cleaner and Brushes, you've yet to enjoy all the music your records have to offer! The Disc Doctor... For the sound you thought you bought!
Every record, even if thought to have been cleaned by other methods, is soiled with a wide range of dirts and contaminants, including mold and mildew. All vinyl pressings are also coated with sticky mold-release compounds. Contaminants between the groove and diamond stylus or steel needle cause mis-tracking and are abrasive causing unnecessary, excessive wearing of both record and stylus. By interfering with proper groove tracing, dirty records produce inaccurate, noisy sound.
A safe, effective, ONE-TIME cleaning solution has now been developed, The Disc Doctor Miracle Record Cleaner Hundreds of pressings have been cleaned to complete satisfaction; in no case could more contaminants be removed from a once cleaned record. If cleaned using the suggested procedure and with the Disc Doctor's Miracle Record Brushes, ONE cleaning is all a record will EVER need!
*Just keep it free of dust, fingerprints, and other contaminants and it won't need to be cleaned again. Dry brushing with a carbon fiber brush for vinyl or velvet duster for shellac, acetate & diamond disc is all the maintenance necessary.
The Disc Doctor Miracle Record Cleaner, an extra strength formula, can be safely used to clean LPs, 45s, shellac and plastic 78s, acetates, lacquers and Edison Diamond Discs. Approximately 1/4 teaspoon (1.25ml) is all that is needed per side for 12" discs!
1. CLEANING: Place record flat on work surface. Apply cleaner to a Disc Doctor Miracle Record Brush so that the fiber surface is almost saturated with fluid [for an LP-sized brush, 3/4 tsp. (3.75ml) for the initial wetting and approx. half as much for subsequent sides]. Lightly run the saturated brush around the disc to wet the entire surface. Avoid wetting the record label. Then firmly scrub 1/3 of the groove surface at a time with three back and forth sweeps. Apply enough pressure on the brush to ensure good contact without crushing the pad into the grooves. There should have been enough fluid in the brush to provide a small puddle in front of the moving brush. Move this puddle around as cleaning progresses. When cleaning is complete, remove most of the fluid by sweeping it up into the cleaning brush as it is lightly dragged around the disc surface. Remove residual fluid from the groove surface by cotton cloth or vacuum. Remove residual cleaner from the brush by gently squeegeeing the upper pile of the pad with the handle of a cleaned nylon toothbrush or your index finger, cleaned and degreased with a little cleaner. Never try to take the record to complete dryness by scrubbing with cloth, paper or dry vacuum strips.
2. RINSING: Saturate second Disc Doctor Miracle Record Brush with distilled water from clean container. Spread water around the disc and scrub as in Step 1. Avoid wetting the label. Remove residual rinse water from the grooves with a second cotton cloth or vacuum wand. Always remove excess water from labels by patting, not wiping. NOTE: The fine film of moisture which remains after the cleaner is removed is advantageous to the rinse step. The film of moisture remaining after the rinse step is thoroughly degreased and any lint (from the cotton cloth) remaining after the disc is completely dry, is readily removed with a clean carbon fiber brush.
3. DRYING: After cleaning the reverse side, allow the record to thoroughly air dry (10-15 min, depending on room humidity and air flow) before playing or sleeving.
4. POST CLEANING & REGULAR MAINTENANCE: When dry, apply a clean carbon fiber brush to vinyl surfaces or a Disc Doctor Miracle Record Dry Brush (for shellac, acetate & Edison Discs). Store in fresh sleeve. All recordings should be dry brushed BEFORE & AFTER regular use.
This special limited time offer includes:
• One Quart (32oz.) Disc Doctor Miracle Record Cleaner
• One Pair Disc Doctor Miracle Record Brushes A (12" LP Size)
• One Pair Disc Doctor Miracle Record Brush Replacement Pads