Ella Fitzgerald Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie! Hybrid Stereo SACD
Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
Fourteen numbers from the heyday of swing, composed sometime between 1930 and
1945 - played and sung time and time again in ballrooms, or on the radio to
advertise biscuits or war bonds, were recorded by Ella in completely new and
personal interpretations in 1961. No one should be put off by the rather
unfortunate cover. Clap Hands... is absolutely top notch as regards musicality,
perfect recording quality, superb accompaniment by a small ensemble, with room
for improvisations; it offers a wonderful opportunity to discover something new
in these evergreens, despite the occasionally banal lyrics. The songs of this
recording conjure up bygone days, with listeners in the 21st century being
offered a highly personal homage to one of the most successful periods in the
100-year history of jazz.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound!
• Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
• Original Verve Label Recording
1. Night In Tunisia
2. You're My Thrill
3. My Reverie
4. Stella By Starlight
5. 'Round Midnite
6. Jersey Bounce
7. Signing Off
8. Cry Me A River
9. This Year's Kisses
10. Good Morning Heartache
11. (I Was) Born To Be Blue
12. Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie!
13. Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most
14. Music Goes 'Round and 'Round