Elmo Hope Informal Jazz Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Mono)
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
A top pianist and composer who emerged during the bop era, Elmo Hope (1923-1967)
never gained the acclaim of his contemporaries Bud Powell and Thelonious Monk
but he had a strong talent of his own. His brilliant piano playing can be heard
on Sonny Rollins' album, Moving Out.
Informal Jazz is a good example of how far Elmo Hope had fallen from the
public's consciousness. The album was released in 1956 by Prestige and his
sidemen at the time were John Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Donald Byrd, Philly Joe
Jones and Paul Chambers, who was a mere 21 years old. The brilliant album was
far from being a best-seller. In order to increase sales, Prestige reissued the
album in the late '60s with credit going to Coltrane and Mobley instead of Hope
who was the actual leader of the session. They named the reissue "Two Tenors".
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Elmo Hope, piano
Donald Byrd, trumpet
Hank Mobley, tenor sax
John Coltrane, tenor sax
Paul Chambers, bass
Philly Joe Jones, drums
2. Polka Dots and Moonbeams
3. On It