Eric Dolphy Eric Dolphy At the Five Spot Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
One night during a one-time, two-week engagement at the Five Spot produced
enough music of lasting merit for three albums. When Rudy Van Gelder took his
portable equipment down to the fabled Cooper Square jazz club on July 16, 1961,
he captured the interaction of an extraordinary quintet.
Eric Dolphy, Booker Little, Mal Waldron, Richard Davis and Ed Blackwell had
formed a cooperative group and, if Little had not died in October 1961, there is
no doubt that it would have been a potent force in the music of the Sixties and
beyond. Dolphy himself died in June 1964 after establishing himself as one of
the important contemporary reedmen. Here his alto saxophone and bass clarinet
and Little's trumpet explore three originals: "The Prophet" by Dolphy, "Bee
Vamp" by Little, and "Fire Waltz" by Waldron. It's time caught in a bottle —
music for the ages.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Eric Dolphy. alto sax and bass clarinet
Booker Little, trumpet
Mal Waldron, piano
Richard Davis, bass
Eddie Blackwell, drums
1. Fire Waltz
2. Bee Vamp (live)
3. The Prophet