Eric Dolphy Out There Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Originally released in 1960, Out There was the second album for Eric Dolphy
after his time with Charles Mingus. The album features four Dolphy originals,
one of which is a collaborative effort with Mingus. The album also contains
three covers, "Eclipse" by Mingus, "Sketch of Melba" by Randy Weston and
"Feathers" by Hale Smith.
Dolphy’s speech-like improvisations and Carter’s bowed or plucked cello solos
soar over the impeccable and responsive accompaniments of bassist George
Duvivier and drummer Roy Haynes.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Eric Dolphy, alto sax, flute, Bb & bass clarinets
Ron Carter, cello
George Duvivier, bass
Roy Haynes, drums
1. Out There
3. The Baron
5. 17 West
6. Sketch Of Melba