Eric Dolphy Outward Bound 200g LP (Stereo)
200 Gram LP Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Eric Dolphy has sometimes been described as an iconoclast, but in Outward Bound,
he was not overturning his idol, Charlie Parker; he was building on Bird’s
legacy. So deep was Dolphy’s musicianship, so free his imagination, that he
enchanted trailblazers like John Coltrane and Charles Mingus. Partnering in this
collection with the brilliant trumpeter Freddie Hubbard and a stunning rhythm
section, Dolphy is at a peak of energy and creativity on alto saxophone, bass
clarinet, and flute. He and Hubbard work with empathy reminiscent of the young
Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. Pianist Jaki Byard, bassist George Tucker, and
drummer Roy Haynes were ideal accompanists and co-conspirators in this widely
• 200g Vinyl LP
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Eric Dolphy, alto saxophone, bass clarinet, flute
Freddie Hubbard, trumpet
Jaki Byard, piano
George Tucker, bass
Roy Haynes, bass
2. Green Dolphin Street
2. Glad To Be Unhappy
3. Miss Toni