Fritz Reiner Respighi Pines Of Rome & Fountains Of Rome 200g LP AP RCA
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Classical
The Absolute Sound 40th Anniversary Best Sounding Music!
RCA Living Stereo 200 Gram Vinyl!
Remastered and Cut at 33 1/3 rpm by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings & Plated by Gary Salstrom!
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs - the gold standard for top quality
orchestral performance and sound!
A highly sought-after RCA shaded dog Living Stereo title, the performance and
sonics found within rate a 10/10. A must have — the dynamics are monstrous!
Whichever other Respighi tone poem recordings you ultimately purchase, you MUST
own this one. Since the early ‘60s it has been the standard by which all others
have been judged, and in terms of both sound and performance, it has never
really been surpassed. The final march of Pines is simply incredible: Thundering
bass drum, crashing cymbals and gongs, bellowing brass — nobody since has
brought the whole thing off with the same combination of excitement and
• 200g Vinyl 33 1/3rpm
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Fritz Reiner, conductor
Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936)
1. The Pines of the Villa Borghese
2. Pines Near a Catacomb
3. The Pines of the Janiculum
4. The Pines of the Appian Way
5. The Fountain of the Valle Giulia at Dawn
6. The Triton Fountain at Morning
7. The Fountain of Trevi at Midday
8. The Villa Medici Fountain at Sunset