Fritz Reiner Respighi Pines Of Rome & Fountains Of Rome Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo SACD
The Absolute Sound 40th Anniversary Best Sounding Music!
Remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
RCA Living Stereo — the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound!
A highly sought-after RCA shaded dog Living Stereo title, the performance and sonics found within rate a 10/10. A must have — the dynamics are monstrous! Whichever other Respighi tone poem recordings you ultimately purchase, you MUST own this one. Since the early ‘60s it has been the standard by which all others have been judged, and in terms of both sound and performance, it has never really been surpassed. The final march of Pines is simply incredible: Thundering bass drum, crashing cymbals and gongs, bellowing brass — nobody since has brought the whole thing off with the same combination of excitement and discipline.
"...I'd have to say that the usual stumbling blocks have been sidestepped.
Great care has been taken to do the right things, starting with the way the
decision to remaster these RCAs was made." - Jonathan Valin, theabsolutesound.com, June 11, 2013
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Fritz Reiner, conductor
Ottorino Respighi (1870-1936)
Pines Of Rome
1. The Pines of the Villa Borghese
2. The Pines Near a Catacomb
3. The Pines of the Janiculum
4. The Pines of the Appian Way
Fountains Of Rome
5. The Fountain of Valle Giulia at Dawn
6. The Triton Fountain at Morn
7. The Fountain of Trevi at Mid-day
8. The Villa Medici Fountain at Sunset