Gene Ammons The Soulful Moods of Gene Ammons Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
To Be Announced pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Called by some, “the soul of Chicago tenor saxophony,” Gene “Jug” Ammons was a
legendary, but under-appreciated jazz tenor saxophonist known for his big,
bluesy, soulful tone. Ammons’ expressive and heartfelt phrasing and the
ability to say “more with less” makes his ballads among the most beautiful ever
“One of the best efforts from Ammons' extensive catalog. A fat, warm, rich
sax tone — you know, the one you immediately identify as Jug — is on display in
all its glory on this great Moodsville release. "Feeling tired and stressed out?
Give Uncle Gene a spin. Besides perfect pitch, Ammons' other special gift was a
melodic sense that allowed him to effectively convey feelings at slow tempos.
Here is a great jazz ballad player given full scope to spin his charms." —
Stereophile, February 1995
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Gene Ammons, tenor saxophone
Patti Bown, piano
George Duvivier, bass
Ed Shaughnessy, drums
1. Two Different Worlds
2. But Beautiful
4. Three Little Words
5. The Street of Dreams
6. You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To
7. Under A Blanket of Blue
8. Three Little Words
9. I'm Glad There Is You
Recorded at Rudy Van Gelder Studio, April 14, 1962.