Gil Evans Gil Evans & Ten Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Coming December 2016 pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
In 1957, Miles Davis, high on the success of his recent collaborations with his
old friend Gil Evans, persuaded Prestige Records to give Evans his own record
date. Evans packed the resulting album with the brilliance that music insiders
had recognized since his days as an arranger for Claude Thornhill in the 1940s
and his work on Davis' Birth of the Cool recordings. Writing for only 11
instruments, Evans used his wizardry with dynamics, motion and harmonic voicings
to create orchestral effects suggesting a substantially larger orchestra. His
settings stimulated his musicians to inspired improvisation. Among the soloists
are trombonist Jimmy Cleveland, saxophonists Steve Lacy and Lee Konitz, and
Evans himself, making his first recorded appearance as a pianist.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Gil Evans, piano
Steve Lacy, saxophone
Lee Konitz, saxophone
Jimmy Cleveland, trombone
2. Ella Speed
3. Big Stuff
4. Nobody's Heart
5. Just One of Those Things
6. If You Could See Me Now