Glenn Gould Trilogy - A Life Hybrid Multi-Channel & Stereo 3SACD
The Glenn Gould Trilogy is a unique radio play "composed" by Gould biographer
Michael Stegmann and provides a unique insight into the life, music and thoughts
of Glenn Gould, the brilliant pianist.
The Glenn Gould Trilogy: A Life is a fascinating journey through the life, the
music and the thoughts of Glenn Gould. Radio play, biography, talking book,
music and original spoken commentaries are blended on thee discs to create an
enthralling portrait, as unusual and gripping as the charismatic and eccentric
The 3-disc set is formatted along the lines of Gould's life:
Disc 1 - The Idea of Music - reaches out to Gould's legendary Goldberg
Variations debut in 1955.
Disc 2 - The Outdropper - follows the years of his concert activities until his
drop-out in 1964.
Disc 3 - The Quiet in the Studio - centers around the years of before his death,
when Gould only communicated to his community and the outside world via LP,
radio and TV.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Multi-Channel SACD Layer
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
2. Childhood I
4. Joseph Hofmann
5. Childhood II
6. Studying The Organ
7. The Art Of Fugue
9. Studying The Piano
10. Competitions - Sports And Games
12. ..."When My Love Affair With The Microphone Began"
13. The First Record
14. Goldberg Variations, 1954
2. "The Most Hyped Recording Debut"
3. "...By The Most Hyped Young Performer"
4. Birth Of A Legend
9. The Late Beethoven Sonatas
10. "Admit It, Mr. Gould..."
11. A Season On The Road
12. Conductors: Szell, Stokowski, Bernstein And Others
14. A Hysteric Return
2. Splendid Isolation
3. Repertory I - The 20th Century
5. In The Studio I - Takes And Off-Takes
7. At Home With Glenn Gould
8. Glenn Gould Interviews: Glenn Gould About Glenn Gould
9. In The Studio II - Experiments
10. Radio As Music
11. Repertory II - The 19th Century