This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Gary Karr performs with organist Harmon Lewis for this powerful collection of
music by Bach.
Gary Karr, acclaimed as "the world's leading solo bassist" (Time Magazine), is,
in fact, the first solo doublebassist in history to make that pursuit a
full-time career. It is a career that adds new luster to his already lustrous
1611 Amati double bass which was given to him by the widow of Serge
Since his debut with Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic in 1962,
Karr has performed as soloist on six continents with orchestras, including the
Chicago Symphony, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Hong Kong Philharmonic,
Montreal Symphony, Simon Bolivar Orchestra (Caracas, Venezuela), Jerusalem
Symphony, Oslo Philharmonic, Zurich Chamber Orchestra, and with all the major
orchestras of Australia.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Gary Karr, contrabass
Harmon Lewis, organ
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
1. Komm, Susser Tod
Preludes and Gallantries
2. I. Prelude
3. II. Sarabande
4. III. Gavotte
5. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
6. AIR, from Orchestral Suite No.3 in D Major
7. Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns Die Stimme
8. Sheep May Safely Graze
9. Menuet from Notenbuch der Anna Magdalena Bach
10. Erbarm" Dich Mein, O Herre Gott
11. Gavotte From Partita No.3
12. Gloria Sei Dir Gesungen from Kantate
13. Adagio from Toccata C-dur