Greetje Kauffeld On My Way To the 30th Analog Forum Anniversary Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape
Each Reel-To-Reel Tape is made upon order
and is ready to ship in approximately 21 Days!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Master Quality Reel To Reel Tape!
Exceptional Audiophile Sound as close to the Original Master Reference Quality
Dutch jazz singer, Greetje Kauffeld, performs songs such as "Nice 'n' Easy",
"The Shadow of Your Smile", 'It Might As Well Be Spring" and more.
This Tape is carefully copied from a Philips EL3501 master recorder to 6 Philips
N4522 recorders. We copy with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m
on halftrack 1/4” LPR35 tape from (Recording The Masters). Deliver on a special
made silver or golden aluminum reel with a cut out STS logo (3X). We did our
outmost best to give you the best quality possible, but remember it is analogue
technology, there will be always some noise floor (we don’t use Dolby) because
it will kill the music enjoyment. Please listen with love for that old fashioned
analogue recording technique. Make sure that you clean your heads regularly for
optimal frequency response.
"To begin with, the tapes are supplied in a custom, high quality made aluminum
reel with the “STS” logo. The design is innovative and the color is beautiful.
The very small “windows” make it difficult to thread the tape on the hub without
leaving a “tape flag” protruding out as I like to thread my tapes, but this is
just an small detail. The reel by itself if a collection piece.
"The tape is a LPR35 from Recording the Masters (former BASF) and comes neatly
packed in the reel. Then, you have this nice looking cardboard box with the
production cover picture labeled to the box. It’s a high class presentation,
second only to the extremely fancy “Open Reel Records” package. The STS box is a
reminiscence of the glorious pre-recorded tapes of the 70’s and their 7" boxes
with the picture on it. It’s easier and cheaper to just send a tape inside a
generic box, but NO. STS prefers to spend a little more in order to give the
customer something worth of the investment they do on this kind of products.
"Inside, you’ll also find the “quality control” certificate, that also serve
as the track list and a detailed description of their tape copy process.
"The copies are made from the master running on a Philips EL3501 to a bank of 6
Philips N4522. The equalization is to CCIR standards, 320 nWb, half track format
and the sampler I received runs @ 15ips. The recording level was right on the
money: not too low and not too loud. Just where it’s suppose to be.
"They don’t use Dolby, but the noise floor were extremely quiet!
"The sound quality is very good indeed. The instruments timbre is very accurate,
the recording space is neatly distributed and you can pin point where’re every
musician, the stereo image is wide and well distributed with a very detailed
presence and transparency. The illusion of “being there” is extremely realistic.
I have the impression that this tape was meticulously mastered and if it’s so,
it was a great Mastering work. As a Mastering Engineer myself, I have found many
nice recordings ruined by the Mastering process. Not this one. Well, Fritz has
been doing this since the 70’s, so, he must know a thing or 2 about recording
and sound quality..." - Carlitos Guzman, Mono and Stereo Senior Contributor
• 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
• Pure Analogue Recording
• Carefully copied from a Philips EL3501 master recorder to 6 Philips N4522
• Analogue Tape Copies from original analogue masters
• We copy with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m on halftrack
1/4” LPR35 tape from (Recording The Masters).
• Duration Each Tape: Approx. 30 minutes
• Special made silver or golden aluminum reel with a cut out STS logo
• High-class cardboard box features production cover picture labeled to the box
• Box is reminiscent of glorious pre-recorded tapes of the '70s and their 7"
• Quality control certificate included - includes tracklist & description of
tape copy process
• EQ: 320 nWb
• Half-track format
• Speed: 15ips
1. So Many Stars (S. Mendes)
2. They Can't Take That Away From Me (G. Gershwin)
3. It Might As Well Be Spring (R. Rodgers)
4. The Shadow of Your Smile (J. Mandel)
5. Smile (C. Chaplin)
6. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (F.E. Ahlert)
7. Nice 'n' Easy (L. Spence)
8. It Had To Be You (I. Jones)
9. I Wish You Love (C. Treret)
10. Fly Me To the Moon (B. Howard)
11. Route '66 (B. Troup)
12. I Get Along Without You Very Well (H. Carmichael)