Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering!
This Ultra HD 32-Bit Mastering CD will play on ALL CD players!
Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering!
Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Mastering is a proprietary ultra-high-quality
mastering system. This leading-edge system has achieved unprecedented sonority
and musicality, reproducing as closely as possible the sound of the original
master tape! This format employs what is currently the highest attainable
resolution bit depth (word length) in the professional audio field, i.e. 32-bit.
32-bit resolution makes possible maximized, undistorted dynamics, and the lowest
noise floor, allowing even the quietest musical information to be heard more
clearly. This breakthrough results from the development, through years of
experience and application of advanced digital technology, of a sophisticated
A/D and D/A processing system.
Ultra HD 32-Bit Mastering does not specify a sampling rate; this allows
flexibility in meticulously choosing the appropriate bandwidth for a particular
recording. The higher the sampling rate -- for example, 192 kHz -- the greater
the bandwidth. However, merely employing the greatest bandwidth may not
guarantee the ultimate sound. With some recordings, a lower sampling rate -- 96
or 176 kHz -- may offer better musicality and more homogeneous harmonics. This
determination requires careful and discerning auditioning and professional
judgment. In the end, the human beings hearing and emotions should be the final
arbiter, rather than the print-out of testing equipment or technical
Recognizing these variables, FIM nevertheless tries to use 32-bit depth and 192
kHz bandwidth whenever the original analog master is at hand. Alternatively, if
the original recording is on 24/96, the 32/96 may eventually be used to maintain
the integrity of the sonority particular to that recording. With this
flexibility, First Impression Music believes that preeminent sound is only
achievable when the chemistry of the recording, mastering, glass-stamper making,
replication, and quality control is right. As always, listening is believing.
This recording has been mastered by the new Ultra High Definition 32-Bit
Mastering process, which creates an unbelievable sound surpassing other formats!
Ah! The maestro work on this immortal classic is here to stand against any
challenge from any similar recordings in the past and possibly in the future!
Handel's Messiah is generally considered as a must in one's classical library.
There are perhaps over 100 different recordings of this repertoire. This one was
chosen for its sheer sonority and performance. Having been previously released
by FIM on SACD and XRCD, this recording is now available in Ultra HD CD version.
The benefits of Ultra HD 32-Bit Mastering:
Ambience of Analogue Sound
The Lowest Noise Floor, allowing even the quietest musical information to be
heard more clearly!
Richer Sound Field
Master-Tape Quality Sound!!!
Delivers what musicians originally intended!
Ultra HD Mastering
Playable on ALL CD Players!
Members of the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra
The Stockholm Bach Choir
Anders Ohrwall, conductor
Yvonne Kenny, soprano
Paul Esswood, contertenor
Martin Hill, tenor
Magnus Linden, bass
George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
1. Sinfonia (Grave. Allegro Moderato)
2. Comfort ye (Arioso, tenor)
3. Every valley (Air, tenor)
4. And the glory of the Lord (Chorus)
5. Thus saith the Lord (Recitative, bass)
6. But who may abide (Air, countertenor)
7. And He shall purify (Chorus)
8. Behold, a virgin (Recitative, countertenor)
9. O thou that tellest (Air, countertenor & chorus)
10. For, behold (Recitative, bass)
11. The people that walked (Air, Bass)
12. For unto us a Child is born (Chorus)
14. There were shepherds abiding
15. Glory to God (Chorus)
16. Rejoice greatly (Air, soprano)
17. Then shall the eyes (Recitative, countertenor)
18. He shall feed his flock (Duet, alto & soprano)
19. His yoke is easy (Chorus)
20. Behold the Lamb of God (Chorus)
21. He was despised (Air, countertenor)
Part Two: (Continued)
1. Surely, He hath borne (Chorus)
2. And with His stripes (Chorus)
3. All we like sheep (Chorus)
4. All they that see Him (Recitative, tenor)
5. He trusted in God (Chorus)
6. Thy rebuke hath broken His heart (Recitative, soprano)
7. Behold, and see (Arioso, soprano)
8. He was cut out (Recitative, tenor)
9. But Thou didst not leave (Air, tenor)
10. Lift up your heads (Chorus)
11. Unto which of the angels said (Recitative, tenor)
12. Let all the angels (Chorus)
13. Thou art gone (Air, countertenor)
14. The Lord gave the word (Chorus)
15. How beautiful (Air, soprano)
16. Why do the nations (Air, bass)
17. Let us break their bonds (Chorus)
18. He that dwelleth (Recitative, tenor)
19. Thou shalt break them (Air, tenor)
20. Hallelujah (Chorus)
21. I know that my Redeemer liveth (Air, soprano)
22. Since byman came death (Chorus)
23. Behold, I tell you a mystery (Recitative, bass)
24. The trumpet shall sound (Air, bass)
25. Then shall be brought (Recitative, countertenor)
26. Worthy is the Lamb (Chorus)
Recorded live at the Adolf Fredriks Church in Stockholm, Sweden, on February 13
& 14, 1982.