Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Mobley's 2nd Message is an album by jazz saxophonist Hank Mobley, released on
the Prestige label in 1957. It was recorded on July 27, 1956, one week after
Mobley's Message (1956), and features performances by Mobley, Kenny Dorham,
Walter Bishop, Doug Watkins and Art Taylor.
Hank Mobley was an American hard bop and soul jazz tenor saxophonist and
composer. Mobley was described by Leonard Feather as the "middleweight
champion of the tenor saxophone," a metaphor used to describe his tone, that
was neither as aggressive as John Coltrane nor as mellow as Stan Getz, and his
style that was laid-back, subtle and melodic, especially in contrast with
players like Sonny Rollins and Coltrane. The critic Stacia Proefrock claimed he
is "one of the most underrated musicians of the bop era."
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Hank Mobley, tenor saxophone
Kenny Dorham, trumpet
Walter Bishop, piano
Doug Watkins, bass
Arthur Taylor, drums
1. The Latest
3. I Should Care
4. Message from the Border
6. These Are the Things I Love