Herbert von Karajan Holst The Planets Japanese Import SHM SACD
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player!
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that
utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to
further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate
developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher
transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in
fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for
a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements
in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
The Planets covers the night sky in 7 movements, which may seem strange given
that there are nine planets... or more correctly, eight planets and the newly
demoted planetoid, Pluto. But at the time, Pluto had not yet been discovered.
And, since the work is more astrological than astronomical, Earth is not
included. Holst was a believer in astrology, and his intention was to convey the
influences of these heavenly bodies on the psyche.
Herbert von Karajan conducts the Vienna Philharmonic for this recording of Planets by Holst.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,'
which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly
converted from analog tapes.
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
Herbert von Karajan, conductor
Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
The Planets, Suite, op. 32
1. Mars, the Bringer of War
2. Venus, the Bringer of Peace
3. Mercury, the Winged Messenger
4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
5. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
6. Uranus, the Magician
7. Neptune, the Mystic