Itzhak Perlman Cinema Serenade Numbered Limited Edition Hybrid Stereo Import SACD
Numbered, Limited Edition Hybrid SACD!
Itzhak Perlman is regarded as one of the pre-eminent violinists of the 20th
century. He has earned an impressive list of awards including five Grammy awards
and a tribute at the 2003 Kennedy Center Honors.
The collection titled Cinema Serenade contains an impressive list of selections
from various films the violinist has performed from The Color Purple's Main
Title, to Yentl's "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" to the theme from Schindler's List
and Tango (Por Una Cabeza) from Scent of a Woman.
"Por una cabeza" is one of the most famous and popular tango songs by composed
by Carlos Gardel written in 1935. The tango has been performed by numerous tango
orchestras and is commonly featured in films and television, most notably The
Tango Project (Nonesuch Records). In Scent of a Woman, The Tango Project
actually appears in the famous Tango scene starring Al Pacino. John Williams
arranged a version of the piece and it appears on this album "Cinema Serenade,"
with violin solo by Itzhak Perlman. Williams (conducting) and Perlman have also
performed the piece during their live concerts together.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Numbered, Limited Edition
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
1. The Color Purple: Main Title
2. Scent of A Woman: Tango (Por una Cabeza)
3. Yentl: Papa, Can You Hear Me?
4. Il Postino: Theme
5. The Age of Innocence: Theme
6. Far and Away: Theme
7. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg: I Will Wait For You
8. Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse: Theme
9. Sabrina: Theme
10. Out of Africa: Main Title
11. Black Orpheus: Manha de Carnaval
12. Schindler's List: Theme
13. Cinema Paradiso: Love Theme