Jimmy Forrest Out Of The Forrest Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
From the time Coleman Hawkins firmly established the tenor saxophone on the jazz
map, it has been one of the most potent forces in the music, its best
practitioners able to raise the roof with a jumping blues, soothe the savage
beast with a tender love ballad, and do just about anything in between. At the
time of this recording (1961), Jimmy Forrest, the St. Louis-born reedman, was a
veteran of the Fate Marable, Jay McShann, Andy Kirk, and Duke Ellington bands.
Later in his career he starred with Count Basie. Here he leads a quartet of
teammates from the combo of "Sweets" Edison, including the young Austrian
pianist Joe Zawinul, through a gamut of the aforementioned moods from "Crash
Program" to the caressing "That's All," with a few tips of the cap to Ben
Webster along the way. With Joe Zawinul, Tommy Potter and Clarence Johnston.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
1. Bolo Blues
2. I Cried For You (Now It's your Turn To Cry Over Me)
3. I've Got a Right To Cry
4. This Can't Be Love
5. By the River Sainte Marie
7. Crash Program
8. That's All