To Be Announced pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
This relaxed, rather informal August 15, 1963, session is one of Jimmy
Witherspoon’s rarest and was the only time that the great Arkansas shouter
recorded with T-Bone Walker, the Texas-born father of electric blues guitar. In
an unusual appearance as a sideman, Walker contributed his trademark
brittle-toned solos, obbligato, and “from the five” intros to a set of tunes
that included such standards as “Money’s Gettin’ Cheaper” (a ’Spoon favorite
since he borrowed it from Charles Brown in the late Forties), “How Long Blues,”
“Good Rockin’ Tonight,” “Kansas City,” and “Don’t Let Go.” Adding further Texas
seasoning was San Antonio saxophonist Clifford Scott, best known for his
distinctive solos on “Honky Tonk” and other Bill Doggett hits, who not only
played tenor (as the original credits indicate), but blew searing alto on “Grab
Me a Freight” and flute on ’Spoon’s reading of the haunting title track, a blues
ballad previously associated with both Jimmy Rushing and Walker. With Clifford
Scott, Bert Kendrix, T-Bone Walker, Clarence Jones and Wayne Robertson.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
1. Money's Gettin' Cheaper
2. Grab Me A Freight
3. Don't Let Go
4. I've Been Treated Wrong
6. Cane River
7. How Long Blues
8. Good Rockin' Tonight
9. Kansas City
10. Drinking Beer