Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Mono 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige mono reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
After establishing himself as a new star with the Miles Davis quintet, the
Thelonious Monk quartet, and various Prestige recordings with Sonny Rollins,
Hank Mobley, and Tadd Dameron, Coltrane made his debut as a leader with this LP.
It includes his own compositions such as “Straight Street” and “Chronic Blues”;
and his inimitable explorations of little-heard old pop songs such as “Violets
for Your Furs,” “While My Lady Sleeps,” and “Time Was.”
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
John Coltrane, tenor sax
Johnnie Splawn, trumpet
Sahib Shihab, baritone sax
Red Garland, piano
Mal Waldron, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Albert "Tootie" Heath, drums
2. Violets For Your Furs
3. Time Was
1. Straight Street
2. While My Lady Sleeps
3. Chronic Blues