Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
John Coltrane brought a new sound and style to jazz, and he applied it in his
own unique way to the standard material of the storehouse of American music
gathered from Broadway, Hollywood and Tin Pan Alley.
“The title could not have been more accurate. By 1962, Coltrane’s leadership
role was undeniable; he was a standard-bearer of musical commitment, and
intense, bold exploration. As well, all four tunes on the album were truly
‘standards’: 32-bar tunes originally crafted for Broadway or Hollywood projects,
adopted by jazz instrumentalists to interpret and explore. There’s another
meaning to be gleaned from the album’s title. In 1958, when Coltrane recorded
the tracks, he often favored melodies that had attained popularity during his
teen years—familiar and unfamiliar alike—all in a search to find new structures
and fresh inspiration. This indeed was standard Coltrane—in ’58, and well into
the ’60s.” — All Music Guide
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
John Coltrane, tenor sax
Wilbur Hardin, trumpet
Red Garland, piano
Paul Chamber, bass
Jimmy Cobb, drums
1. Don't Take Your Love From Me
2. I'll Get By
1. Spring Is Here