Johnny Hodges Billy Strayhorn And The Orchestra Hybrid Stereo SACD
Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
Recorded during the last decade of his long tenure with the Duke Ellington
Orchestra, this album finds the great alto saxophonist Johnny Hodges's musical
gifts not only intact but stronger than ever. Featuring the Ellington band --
with Jimmy Jones on piano and Billy Strayhorn as bandleader and arranger -- it
is a fascinating program of Ellington remakes, including some of the orchestra's
most familiar numbers, all of which have been given subtle new orchestrations by
Strayhorn and melodious new interpretations by Hodges.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound!
• Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
• Original Verve Label Recording
Johnny Hodges, alto sax
Billy Strayhorn and The Orchestra
1. Don't Get Around Much Any More
2. I've Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
3. Gal From Joe's
4. Your Love Has Faded
5. I'm Just a Lucky So and So
6. Jeep's Blues
7. Day Dream
8. Juice A-Plenty
10. Tailor Made
Recorded December 1961 at Van Gelder Recording Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New