Jascha Heifetz Mendelssohn & Prokofieff Concertos Hybrid Stereo SACD
Remastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Cut From Original Session Master Tapes!
RCA Living Stereo — the gold standard for top quality orchestral
performance and sound!
This 1958 3-track recording has Heifetz teamed up with Munch and the Boston
Symphony. Cutting the lacquer directly from the original session master tapes
has increased the transparency and 3-dimensional imaging on this reissue over
original pressings. The performance, as always with the last century's top
violinist, is almost without compare. If you have an original copy (white or
shaded) you'll be shocked — this reissue has diaphonously beautiful string tone,
superior low end dynamics and very deep bass.
"...I'd have to say that the usual stumbling blocks have been sidestepped.
Great care has been taken to do the right things, starting with the way the
decision to remaster these RCAs was made." - Jonathan Valin, The Absolute
Sound.com, June 11, 2013
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Mastered by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Cut From Original Session Master Tapes
Jascha Heifetz, violin
Charles Munch, conductor
Boston Symphony Orchestra
Concerto in E Minor, op. 64 (Mendelssohn)
1. First Movement: Allegro molto appassionato
2. Second Movement: Andante
3. Third Movement: Allegretto non troppo
Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, op. 63 (Prokofieff)
1. First Movement: Allegro moderato
2. Second Movement: Andante assai
3. Third Movement: Allegro, ben marcato