Jean-Max Clement Bach Six Suites For Unaccompanied Cello Numbered Limited Edition 180g Direct Metal Master Import 2LP
Limited Edition of Only 2000 Numbered Copies!
Audiophile Direct Metal Mastering from the Original Analogue Master Tapes!
180 Gram Double Virgin Vinyl Pressed at Pallas in Germany!
Recorded in July of 1958 and originally released on the London label, cellist
Jean-Max Clement performs Six Suites by Johann Sebastian Bach.
"He has an excellent sense of phrasing, and conveys all that one needs of the
dance-like character in each movement. The solemn preludes, especially those of
the C major and D minor Suites, come off beautifully, and there is plenty of
contrast in timbre. Clément can develop a good, sonorous tone on his C and G
strings... He certainly enjoys a far better recording acoustic than Cassadó.
Jean-Max Clément is playing the arpeggio figures with clarity of technique,
excellent tone, and harmonic intent." - The Grammophone Magazine
"The Jean-Max Clément cycle has much to commend it. He’s a communicative
player, and whilst some of his tempi are generally on the slower side than we
are used to today, the music-making has a spontaneity, leaving the favourable
impression of music freshly composed and being created on the wing. He draws a
big, rich, full-bodied sound from his instrument, and his varied vibrato endows
his playing with a wealth of tonal shadings. He’s not averse to the use of
portamenti to obtain a particular expressive effect. Nor is he afraid of
applying some tasteful rubato to enhance the line. I love the way he captures
the sombre introspection of Suite No. 5, gauging to perfection the ebb and flow
of the melancholy Sarabande. To the faster dance movements there’s rhythmic
vitality. This is certainly a premier league set, in admirable sound for its
age." - Stephen Greenbank, Music Web International
• Limited Edition of Only 2000 Numbered Copies!
• Mastered from the Original Analogue Master Tapes of Universal Music
• 180 Gram Double Virgin Vinyl Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany!
• Audiophile Direct Metal Mastering by Hans-Jorg Mauksch at Pauler Acoustic
• Originally on the L'Oiseau-Lyre London Label
• High Quality, Glossy Coated, Gatefold Jacket
• Gold Foil numbered sticker in inside jacket
• Resealable Outer Sleeve & Rice Paper lined Inner Sleeves
Jean-Max Clement, cello
Suite No. 1 in G Major
1. Prelude-Allemande-Courante-Sarabande- Menuets 1 and 2 -Gigue
Suite No. 2 in D minor (First Part)
Suite No. 2 in D minor (Concluded)
3. Menuets 1 and 2 - Gigue
Suite No. 3 in C Major
4. Prelude-Allemande-Courante-Sarabande- Bourrées 1 and 2 - Gigue
Suite No. 4 in E flat Major (First Part)
Suite No. 4 E flat Major (Concluded)
6. Sarabande - Bourrées 1 and 2-Gigue
Suite No. 5 in C minor (First Part)
Suite No. 5 in C minor (Concluded)
8. Gavottes 1 and 2 -Gigue
Suite No. 6 in D Major
9. Prelude-Allemande-Courante-Sarabande - Gavottes 1 and 2-Gigue
Recorded July 5-6, 1958 at Centre D'enregistrement