Johnny Hodges Billy Strayhorn And The Orchestra Numbered Limited Edition200g 45rpm LP
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram, 45rpm 2LP Set!
Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound & Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Recorded during the last decade of his long tenure with the Duke Ellington
Orchestra, this album finds the great alto saxophonist Johnny Hodges's musical
gifts not only intact but stronger than ever. Featuring the Ellington band --
with Jimmy Jones on piano and Billy Strayhorn as bandleader and arranger -- it
is a fascinating program of Ellington remakes, including some of the orchestra's
most familiar numbers, all of which have been given subtle new orchestrations by
Strayhorn and melodious new interpretations by Hodges.
Recorded December 1961 at Van Gelder Recording Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• Mastered by George Marino at Sterling Sound!
• Cut from the Absolute Original Analog Master Tapes!
• 200 Gram, 45rpm 2LP
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
1. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
2. I've Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
3. Gal From Joe's
4. Your Love Has Faded
5. I'm Just a Lucky So and So
6. Jeep's Blues
7. Day Dream
8. Juice A-Plenty
10. Tailor Made