Kenny Dorham Quiet Kenny Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Quiet Kenny is yet another reminder of what a trumpet giant Kenny Dorham was.
Whether illuminating ballads such as "My Ideal," "Alone Together," "I Had the
Craziest Dream," and "Old Folks," or investigating the timelessness and
intricacies of the blues (his originals in this set with "Blue" in their
titles), the former Charlie Parker cohort and ex-Jazz Messenger exhibits his
subtle swing, personal sound, and finely-honed harmonic sense. Along the way
these reflections and connections with Bird, Coleman Hawkins, Sonny Rollins, Max
Roach, Harry James, and Louis Armstrong make for a rich legacy. With Tommy
Flanagan, Paul Chambers and Arthur Taylor
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Kenny Dorham, trumpet
Tommy Flanagan, piano
Paul Chambers, bass
Arthur Taylor, drums
1. Lotus Blossom
2. My Ideal
3. Blue Friday
4. Alone Together
1. Blue Spring Shuffle
2. I Had the Craziest Dream
3. Old Folks
4. Mack the Knife