Kenny Burrell Bluesy Burrell Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Informal
Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
This session is a model of the emotionally intense ballad programs featured on
Prestige's Moodsville subsidiary. The great Kenny Burrell receives a major
assist from saxophone patriarch Coleman Hawkins (who is in exemplary
early-Sixties form), Hawkins's rhythm section of the time (made up exclusively
of natives of Burrell's hometown Detroit) and conga drummer Ray Barretto. The
choice of material and variety of settings are inspired, with Burrell heard solo
on "No More," over just bass and drums on "Guilty," in two different quintet
settings and on three titles by the full sextet. Each soloist is fully engaged
throughout, with things shifting into even higher gear when Burrell and Hawkins
converse on "Montono Blues" and "I Thought About You." With Coleman Hawkins,
Tommy Flanagan, Major Holley, Eddie Locke and Ray Barretto.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Kenny Burrell, guitar
Coleman Hawkins, tenor sax
Tommy Flanagan, piano
Major Holey, bass
Eddie Locke, drums
Ray Barretto, conga
1. Tres Talbras
2. No More
4. Montono Blues
1. I Thought About You
2. Out of This World
3. It's Getting Dark