King Crimson In The Court Of The Crimson King 200g LP
Limited Edition 200 Gram Super-Heavyweight Vinyl Featuring the Original 1969 Stereo Mix! Limited to 2,000 Copies In the U.S., 12,000 Copies Worldwide!
Recorded over a period of 10 days in August 1969 and released on October 10th of the same year, In The Court of the Crimson King stands as one of the defining albums of British rock music and one of the finest debut albums of all time. Described at the time as "an uncanny masterpiece" by Pete Townshend, the album has achieved legendary status over the years. It is the only studio document of an extraordinary year in the life of King Crimson; a year that began with the group's first rehearsals on January 13th, included a residency at the Marquee Club, a concert in Hyde Park with The Rolling Stones, the recording and release of the album and ended with the dissolution of the lineup at the close of Crimson's 1st American tour in December.
One of the most anticipated and frequently requested high quality vinyl reissues finally returns to the 12" format! Featuring the Original 1969 Stereo Mix, newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp and pressed on 200 Gram Super-Heavyweight Vinyl. Complete with the original iconic gatefold sleeve, this release also contains a bonus mp3 code giving access to a download of a transfer of an original 1969 pressing. In The Court of the Crimson King has been unavailable on vinyl for 20 years!!!
• Limited to 2000 copies in U.S., 12,000 copies worldwide
• Pressed on 200 Gram Super-Heavyweight Vinyl
• Newly Cut from the Original Studio Masters approved by Robert Fripp
• Featuring the Original 1969 Stereo Mix
• Original Iconic Gatefold Jacket
• Includes exclusive codes for 320kbps MP3 downloads of an original 1969 vinyl transfer
• Cut by John Dent at Loud Mastering
• Manufactured at the Vinyl Factory in England
• Includes printed lyrics on inside of the jacket
Robert Fripp, guitar
Ian McDonald, reeds, woodwind, vibes, keyboards, mellotron, vocals
Greg Lake, bass guitar, lead vocals
Michael Giles, drums, percussion, vocals
Peter Sinfield, words, illumination
1. 21st Century Schizoid Man (including Mirrors)
2. I Talk To The Wind
3. Epitaph (including March For No Reason and Tomorrow And Tomorrow)
4. Moonchild (including The Dream and The Illusion)
5. The Court Of The Crimson King (including The Return Of The Fire Witch and The Dance Of The Puppets)