Kyung Wha Chung Saint-Saens, Chausson, Ravel 180g Import LP
Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Kyung-Wha Chung is joined by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Charles Dutoit for this recording of compositional works by Saint-Saens, Chausson and Ravel.
"These four pieces fit very well together; the more especially because the two Saint-Saëns contributions, very similar in style, are on separate sides. For this particular programme is it difficult to think of a more suitable soloist than Kyung-Wha Chung, whose finger-tips throw off the fireworks (or the approach shots to fireworks) with ease, and who affords the more melting passages (in better supply) a sweetness which suits them ideally." - Gramophone
• Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
• Audiophile mastering by Rainer Maillard at
Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
• Analogue mastering from the original masters of Universal Music
• Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
• Obi strip
Khung-Wha Chung, violin
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Charles Dutoit, conductor
Ernest Chausson (1855-1899)
1. Poeme For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 25
Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921)
2. Introduction And Rondo Capriccioso For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 28
1. Havanaise For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 83
Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
2. Tzigane For Violin And Orchestra
Recorded in the Kingsway Hall April 1977