The LAST Factory LAST Tape Preservative (16 Fluid Ounces)
Magnetic tape starts to loose data within 8 years and can become totally unreadable within 20 years, eventually loosing the recording forever. LAST Tape Preservative stops the mechanism (binder breakdown) that causes deterioration, while dramatically reducing the friction at the tape/head interface, extending tape life up to 10 times!
Note: Your bottle of preservative will not spoil. Our samples from 37 years ago are still good and show no signs of deterioration upon chemical testing.
• Significantly reduces data loss from magnetic tape
• Increases head life
• Reduces tape wear
• Reduces tape abrasiveness
• Improves playback performance
• Extends tape life by up to 10 times
16 Fluid Ounce Bottle
1. Mount reel to player at beginning of tape.
2. Soak 1 applicator pad for approx. 15 seconds then remove.
3. Sandwich the tape between the saturated pad (on top) and a dry pad on bottom.
4. Turn the tape on high speed.
5. One soak is good for approx. 1200 feet of tape. If longer tape either saturate the pad again or as reel is moving use eye dropper to keep the upper pad saturated.