By the time Leonard Cohen began his recording career in 1967, the
iconoclastic Canadian troubadour was already well established as a poet and
author. He quickly emerged as one of the era's most original and influential
singer-songwriters, building a large and legendary body of work that continues
to inspire artists and listeners alike.
Much of Cohen's reputation and mystique was established by his early work for
Columbia Records, particularly the five albums he recorded between 1967 and
1974. Now, these five classic albums have been lovingly restored to their
original LP format.
For their new Sundazed editions, all five albums have been meticulously
remastered and have been sourced from the original Columbia Records stereo
masters in order to preserve the sound of the original albums. In keeping with
the exacting standards for which Sundazed has become known, each album is
pressed on high-definition vinyl, with complete original cover art.
This vinyl edition of this historic album marks a crucial addition to the
Leonard Cohen catalog.
Cohen's intimate, emotion-charged live performances yielded the 1973 release
Live Songs, which mixes a handful of previously recorded favorites with several
new songs, including "Passing Thru", "Tonight Will Be Fine" and the harrowing,
rarely-performed 13-minute epic "Please Don't Pass Me By (A Disgrace)."
Leonard Cohen, guitar
Peter Marshall, bass
Donna Washburn, vocals
Jennifer Warren, vocals
Charlie Daniels, electric bass & fiddle
• High Definition Vinyl LP
• Remastered from original Columbia Records stereo masters
1. Minute Prologue (London 1972)
2. Passing Thru (London 1972)
3. You Know Who I Am (Brussels 1972)
4. Bird On The Wire (Paris 1972)
5. Nancy (London 1972)
6. Improvisation (Paris 1972)
7. Story of Isaac (Berlin 1972)
8. Please Don't Pass Me By (A Disgrace) (London 1970)
9. Tonight Will Be Fine (Isle Of Wight 1970)
10. Queen Victoria (Room In Tennessee 1972)