180g LP Original Album!
Maria Callas (December 2, 1923 – September 16, 1977) was a Greek-American
soprano, and one of the most renowned and influential opera singers of the 20th
century. Many critics praised her bel canto technique, wide-ranging voice, and
dramatic interpretations. Her repertoire ranged from classical opera seria to
the bel canto operas of Donizetti, Bellini and Rossini and further, to the works
of Verdi and Puccini; and, in her early career, to the music dramas of Wagner.
Her musical and dramatic talents led to her being hailed as La Divina.
This “Callas Sings Verdi at La Scala” was originally released in 1959. The
performances are with the Orchestra of La Scala Opera House in Milan, led by
Tullio Serafin and Antonino Votto.
• 180g Vinyl
• Direct Metal Master
• Made in the E.U.
Maria Callas, soprano
Orchestra of La Scala Opera House
Chorus of La Scala Opera House
Vittore Veneziani, chorus master
Norberto Mola, chorus master
Tito Gobbi, baritone
Fedora Barbieri, mezzo-soprano
Antonio Votto, conductor
Tullio Serafin, conductor
1. Gualtier Maldè! (Caro nome), Act 1
LA FORZA DEL DESTINO
2. Son giunta! grazie, o Dio! (Madre, Madre, pietosa
Vergine), Act 2 (with the Chorus of La Scala Opera
House, Chorus Master: Vittore Veneziani)
3. Pace, pace, mio Dio, Act 4 (Conductor: Tullio Serafin)
UN BALLO IN MASCHERA
4. Ecco l’orrido campo (Ma dall’arido stelo), Act 2
1. A tal colpa è nulla il pianto (Morrò ma prima
in grazia), Act 3 (with Tito Gobbi - baritone -
Conductor: Antonino Votto)
2. Ritorna vincintor! (L’insana parola), Act 1 (with
Fedora Barbieri - mezzo-soprano and Chorus of
La Scala Opera House, Chorus Master: Norberto Mola)
3. Oh, patria mia, Act 3 (Conductor: Tullio Serafin)