Nitty Gritty 45rpm Disc Adaptor
45rpm adapter for Nitty Gritty semi-manual and semi-automatic Record Cleaning
Instructions for use:
Note: All instructions are given from the perspective of the Side of the
machine having the Nitty Gritty Logo.
1. Remove the record platform, teflon bushing (if any) and the "O" ring by
gently pulling them straight up. Set them aside.
2. Take the wedge shaped adapter and mate the hole of the adapter with the
spindle of the Nitty Gritty cleaning machine. Be sure that the square notch of
the adapter fits around the vacuum lips of the machine.
3. Remove the disc stabilizer by firmly lifting up on its black rubber portion.
4. Apply or inject cleaning fluid (as usual) to the vac-sweep lips. Saturate the
5. Insert the edge of the record under the "lip" of the rubber capstan, gently
pulling back on the capstan until the record can be lowered onto the adapter's
6. Replace the record stabilizer. Make sure it is fully seated.
7. Activate the drive motor and continue with the remainder of the procedure for
cleaning. It may be necessary to hold down the stabilizer when the record is in
the rotating mode - this is a product of the variation in record sizes and the
variation of tension on the capstan.