Oliver Nelson Screamin' The Blues Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP (Stereo)
Release Date To Be Announced pre-order your copy today! Orders with both pre-order and in stock items will have all in stock items shipped immediately!
Numbered, Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions — 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
Posterity remembers Oliver Nelson (1932-1975) primarily as an
arranger/conductor. When he first began to attract attention with a series of
albums for Prestige and its subsidiaries, however, Nelson was hailed as a
versatile leader of small groups and a composer/instrumentalist who could
refresh the music's traditional verities while also looking ahead. There is no
better showcase for these skills among his initial sessions than Screamin' the
Blues, a rousing set of funky modernism interpreted by a sextet of players who
shared Nelson's allegiance to both virtuosity and vision. The pairing of
saxophonist Eric Dolphy with Nelson was particularly inspired as both men were
adept on more than one instrument, and allowed this sextet to create an uncommon
diversity of colors. Nelson and Dolphy would reunite a year later on both the
classic Blues and the Abstract Truth and (with the band heard here minus
trumpeter Richard Williams) on the looser yet intense Straight Ahead. With
Richard Williams, Eric Dolphy, Richard Wyands, George Duvivier and Roy Haynes.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Numbered, Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• Only the 1st 1,000 Copies are Numbered!
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
1. Screamin' The Blues
2. March On, March On
3. The Drive
4. The Meetin'
5. Three Seconds